Data Protection Policy
Open House Festival is committed to ensuring that your information is kept safe. Any personal information you provide Open House Festival will only be used in accordance with this policy.
This policy explains:
- What information we may collect about you
- How we may use that information
- In what situations we may disclose your details to third parties
- Information about how we keep your personal information secure, how long we maintain it for, and your rights to be able to access it
If you have any queries about this policy, please use the contact information at the bottom of this page to get in touch.
Open House Festival may change or update this policy occasionally. Any changes will be made available through an update to this document on our website. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Open House Festival Data Promise
We want you to enjoy the communications you receive from Open House Festival. To make sure you always get the relevant information, here’s our promise to you:
- You’ll get to hear about shows, events, offers and other Festival news before anyone else
- We won’t email you more than twice a month on average
- We’ll only send you information that we think is relevant to you & your interests
- We’ll always protect your personal information and never pass on data to a third party
- You can unsubscribe, update or change your preferences at any time.
What information may we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Full name
- Contact information including telephone number, postal address and email address
- Demographic information such as birth date, preferences and interests (only relevant through anonymous surveys)
- A record of your purchases and donations. Importantly this is held so that we may tailor our communications with you according to your preferences, and correspond with those who helped donate towards our Court House campaign.
What do we do with that information?
We require your information to better understand your needs. It allows us to provide Open House Festival customers with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Customer record keeping
- If you have given us permission to do so, we will email you with information on new shows, special offers or other information which we think you’ll be interested in.
- We may use the information to improve our products or services.
Maintaining your personal information
We store your personal information indefinitely so that for any subsequent purchases you make we are able to link them back to a single unique record that we hold for you on our system.
If there are aspects of your record that are inaccurate or that you would like to remove, you can usually do this by logging in to your account through our website. Alternatively, please use the contact details at the end of this policy to get in touch with our relevant members of staff – we promise to amend your details immediately.
Any objections you make to any processing of your data will be stored against your record on our system so that we can comply with your requests.
Information about your interactions with us
For example, when you visit our website, we collect anonymised information about how you interact with our content and ads. When we send you an email we keep a record of which ones you have opened and which ones you have clicked on. This helps us to improve the look and content of our emails, and our artistic programming.
When will you stop hearing from us?
Open House Festival will continue to store the contact information of our mailing list subscribers, including those who have not purchased tickets from us for a number of years. We do this because we have a number of stakeholders who may not be avid buyers but have certain interests in the festival’s movements to date. This could be due to business interests or an emotional investment from close family and friends.
The festival will only delete records from subscribers who have actively chosen to no longer be a part of our mailing list and have specifically opted out of the subscription.
Generally, Open House Festival does not share customer information to third party organisations. However, there are certain circumstances under which we may disclose your personal information to third parties. These are as follows:
- To our own service providers who process data on our behalf and on our instructions (for example our ticketing system software provider). In these cases, we require that these third parties comply strictly with our instructions and with data protection laws, for example around security of personal data.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Sensitive and personal information
Data Protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive such as health information, race, religious beliefs and political opinions. We do not usually collect this type of information about our patrons unless there is a clear reason for doing so. (As an example, we collect health information from those who have given consent about visitors who may require access assistance.)
Your debit and credit card information
If you use your credit or debit card to purchase from us or to make a donation, we will ensure that this is carried out securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
All bank details provided are withheld by out ticketing provider Ticketsolve, who will have their own data protection laws put into place, any queries you are advised to contact them.
Other processing activities
In addition to marketing communications, we also process personal information in the following ways that are within our legitimate organisational interests:
- We may analyse data we hold about you to ensure that the content and timing of communications that we send you are as relevant to you as possible.
- We may analyse data we hold about you in order to identify and prevent fraud, in times of events we will require basic contact information as a means of verification of the customer.
In all of the above cases, we will always keep your rights and interests at the forefront to ensure they are not overridden by your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. You have the right to object to any of this processing at any time. If you wish to do this, please use the contact details at the end of this policy. Please bear in mind that if you object this may aﬀect our ability to carry out tasks above that enhance the service we provide you.
Security of your personal information
We will put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible. We will ensure that any third parties we use for processing your personal information do the same.
We will not transfer, process or store your data anywhere that is outside of the European Economic Area.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07713086232
All personal information requests will be reviewed by the Festival Manager Alison Gordon at Open House Festival.