Data Protection Policy
Last updated 4 November 2019
Open House Festival Limited (Charity No: NIC103648. Company Reg No: NI42872), hereafter referred to as “OHF”, is committed to protecting your personal information.
- The Open House Festival Website (www.openhousefestival.com)
- The Open House Festival ticketing site, hosted by Ticketsolve (https://openhousefestival.ticketsolve.com)
- Open House Festival social media channels
- Emails sent via OHF and third party applications (Ticketsolve, Mailchimp)
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to process your ticket bookings, trader or job applications or other enquiries, we will need to collect and use information about you.
- what information OHF may collect about you;
- how OHF will use information we collect about you;
- when OHF may use your details to contact you;
- whether OHF will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
We do from time to time ask people for their personal details in forms to subscribe for specific information or entering applications electronically. Personal information collected via this website and through ticket sales is controlled by Open House Festival (the data controller). This data is only held for the specified purpose made clear at the time of collection. Your data will only ever be shared with a third party for explicit, necessary processing purposes; for instance:
- Ticketsolve is the Data Processor of your registered personal information. Ticketsolve have access to your registered personal information for the sole purpose of maintaining your registration details and processing ticket bookings and ticket related enquiries. Ticketsolve will not use this information to contact you about anything other than OHF (however you may still receive communication from them if you have made other third party purchases with them independently).
- The OHF mailing list is processed by Mailchimp mail system on OHF’s behalf. Mailchimp will act as the Data Processor on behalf of OHF. OHF reserves the right to appoint a new Data Processor for the mailing list.
All Data Processors will act only on instructions from OHF.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will provide further details about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
We comply with all relevant data protection laws in all our dealings with your personal data, and we will ensure that our Data Processors do the same.
OHF will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To contact you with information about your ticket purchase (either directly or via its data processors e.g. Ticketsolve)
- To deal with your requests and enquiries;
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
- For analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by OHF. This can include using geo-demographic information from external sources, to ensure that localised services (such as the local ticket area) are protected.
- To notify you of any changes to OHF’s policies and practices.
- We may also use and disclose anonymised information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where OHF proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. When we do this we will provide further information about why we are using your information and how we will use it, and obtain your consent in advance where needed.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, as outlined in the privacy statement for each specific data process.
As an annual event, we recognise that just because you have not used your registration details to purchase a ticket in one year, does not mean you have no intention of using your registration to purchase a ticket in future.
You can subscribe to the official OHF mailing list either directly via the subscribe link on the OHF website, or via opting in on when purchasing tickets.
OHF emails will bring you periodic updates on OHF and its activities, including other events organised by OHF.
You have the following rights under the GDPR in respect of your personal information held by us:
(a) to access your personal data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal information OHF holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
(b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed (this information is set out in this Policy)
(c) to have your personal data corrected where necessary (please contact us promptly should you become aware of any incorrect or out-of-date information)
(d) to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances (please refer to the appropriate data protection legislation or consult the ICO for details)
(e) to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
You also have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Northern Ireland
14 Cromac Place
Telephone: 028 9027 8757 / 0303 123 1114
Cookies may be used from time to time to assist us in presenting the website in a more usable format. See our full Cookies policy here.
INFORMATION AND THE LAW
We may occasionally release your personal or financial information to assist law enforcement, to comply with laws or regulations, for example to enforce the terms under which you purchased a ticket, or to protect the rights, property or safety of OHF, users of the site or others, including your vital interests or those of another person.
This website www.openhousefestival.com is owned by Open House Festival Ltd.
All personal information requests will be reviewed by the Festival Manager Alison Gordon at Open House Festival.